You’ll find online marketing strategies everywhere you look. However, which ones will offer the sound advice to help you completely dominate your niche and the community within that niche? Also important to know is which online marketing strategies will actually hurt your business.
The internet is a constantly evolving beast that you need to keep tamed. If you follow bad advice, that beast will cause chaos for you.
This website is dedicated to guiding you through a wide variety of online marketing strategies that will help you achieve the greatest level of success.
You may or may not be aware, but there are many benefits of marketing online.
If you follow my advice, you’ll never have to worry about a sudden loss of traffic, being banned, having your email marketing shut down, getting a Google slap, or any other type of issues that you may run into.
Internet Marketing Starts with a Solid Website
You may or may not already have a website, but here are the basic guidelines to building a successful online presence:
- Find the perfect niche.
- Create a structured blueprint of your website.
- Secure a domain and hosting.
- Set up a WordPress website.
- Write content continuously.
- Create an email list.
- Create social website pages and profiles.
- Get free traffic through proper optimization.
- Monetize your web real estate.
- Track Your Results.
If you do each of these in an ethical way, you are pretty much guaranteed to have a successful online business. Seriously, that’s it. People tend to over-complicate things. There’s no need for sophisticated online marketing strategies that don’t work.
Let’s take a closer look at each of these.
1. Choosing the Perfect Niche
One of the most overlooked processes of building a website is identifying the right niche. Personally, I believe this to be one of the most important online marketing strategies you’ll complete. For a detailed, step-by-step process of how to do this, read this article:
2. Create a Structured Blueprint for a Successful Website
Another common mistake is buying a domain name right away. I understand that people get excited about the potential of new found income, but don’t rush any of these online marketing strategies. By taking your time and exploring the ins and outs of everything, you will enjoy success.
After you have found your perfect niche, you want to put together a winning blueprint and outline of your potential website. This is where we really find out if your website will succeed.
You do this by identifying keywords that you will be using for your potential website and structuring them in the same way that you’ll build your website. When you’re identifying keywords, make sure that there’s enough traffic, not too much competition, and that it makes sense with your main site concept.
Your blueprint should be a tiered structure that goes down at least 2 levels beyond your main niche keyword or site concept. You should also be sure to have at least 50 different keywords built into this outline. If you can’t find enough keywords, then this might not be the right niche to focus on.
Here’s an example of what you’re tiered blueprint might start to look like:
In this example, I used “Training for Runners” as a primary niche keyword. Tier 2 keywords (the pages that are linked directly from the home page) are shown in blue. The tier 3 keywords (linked from the tier 2 pages) are in green. You can also go deeper if you need to. In the example above, I also showed Tier 4 keywords in light blue. Again, this online marketing strategy requires that you are able to build this out with at least 50 keywords at first with room for growth.
3. Secure Your Domain Name and Hosting
Once you’ve put together a solid outline, it’s time to secure a domain name and set up your hosting.
Here are some tips for finding the perfect domain name:
- Keep it short and simple.
- Try to avoid dashes if possible
- Make sure to stick with a “.com” unless you’re non-profit. Then you can use “.org”
- The domain name doesn’t need to include your primary niche keyword.
- However, your domain name can include your primary niche keyword.
- The domain name should be memorable.
- Make sure that the domain name you choose isn’t blacklisted.
- Understand domain name ranking factors.
After you find a domain name, you’ll want to purchase it and also buy hosting. Personally, I use HostingMegastore.com for my hosting. Here are some solid hosting companies:
Also, here are a couple of companies to consider for domains:
4. Set up Your Website with WordPress
After you’ve secured your hosting and domain name, it’s time to set things up:
- Activate your hosting.
- Point your domain name to the hosting.
- Install WordPress.
- Select a Theme.
- Install needed or desired plugins.
- Set up WordPress settings based on your personal preferences.
- Set up home page if your theme has separate settings for it.
- Remove sample post, page, and comment.
- Move on to the next step and write your Home Page
5. Create Content that That Your Readers Will Love
Now that everything is set up and ready to go, you want to start writing content. As the old saying goes, content is king. This was so when websites first came to be in the mid-nineties and it still holds true today. Twenty years from now, it will still be the case, so start writing:
- Create your home page first and make sure it’s well optimized for SEO.
- Create second tier pages or posts using the keywords from your blueprint.
- Create third tier pages or posts using keywords from your blueprint.
Make sure that your content provides value to the reader and will keep them coming back for more. Remember quality over quantity here. However, here are a few tips when writing articles:
- Use a spelling/grammar checker.
- Articles should be 500 words or more (no less than 250 words).
- Use white hat SEO, but don’t over-optimize.
- Write for the reader, not the search engines.
- Use pictures to provide additional value to your page/post.
- Make sure to use the “alt” tag for pictures.
- Bold or highlight important points
- Make it easy to read.
Of all the online marketing strategies out there, creating content is the most important!
6. Create an E-Mail List
Once you’ve started to build content, it’s time to start considering your options for building an email list. There are many services to choose from out there. Here are two popular services that I would recommend:
Your e-mail list will be a major part of your monetization. Set an account up, build an opt-in form and add it to your website so you can start building this list up. You may even want to write a separate article and offer it as a free report to increase the number of sign ups.
7. Get Social
Now you have a website that’s growing, traffic that’s growing, and you’re starting to build your email list. Now it’s time to get involved with the social networks out there. Here are recommended places to start:
You can even set up things so that every time you create a new page or post on your website, it gets posted to these social platforms. Be sure to engage your growing community.
8. Build Traffic with Proper SEO
There are a variety of things that you can do to build traffic, which include:
- On-page optimization
- Off-page optimization
Keep things real though. Whatever you do, don’t try manipulate the search engines in any way, or you’ll pay for it. Trust me on this. I’ve seen full-time sites go dead as a result of using black hat online marketing strategies. It’s just not worth it. Keep it real.
9. Time to Make Some Money
Once you’re starting to see a healthy amount of traffic (about 50 visits per day), it’s time to monetize your website. There many ways to do this. Here are some examples:
- Sell physical products.
- Sell digital products.
- Set up affiliate marketing
- Sell advertising on your site.
- Market your email list.
- Turn your site into a membership site.
- Sell referrals from your site.
These are just a few ideas to get you thinking. There are limitless possibilities when it comes to monetizing your site. You just need to find what works well for you, your site, and your customers.
10. Track Your Results
You now have a lot going on with your online business. You want to make sure that you’re tracking your results with tools such as Google Analytics (which is free) to see what’s working and what isn’t.
Just make sure you don’t spend all your time here. Go back and continue to build content, engage your customers socially, and provide them with exactly what they’re looking for.
Putting These Online Marketing Strategies Into Play
It’s not enough to just read this article. Everything you need to build a successful online business can be found here at ScottMazerall.com. Take action today and follow these online marketing strategies towards building an online empire of your own.
I look forward to hearing your success stories!